Chasing Cheerios

Friday, December 26, 2008

Special Ornaments

Every year (starting last year) we trace O's hand onto craft foam, cut it out, and let her decorate it. Can you tell that we love things made from handprints?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Elliott's Aunt gave this angel ornament to O for Christmas. She loves it because it's blue (her favorite color), and it has her name on it (under my finger). I love it because it reminds me of our baby who is now O's guardian angel. O knows that the baby is an angel who is watching over her to make sure she is happy and safe, and although Ell's aunt probably didn't intend for the angel to have this special significance, it does for me and it will for O as she gets older and understands things a little better.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

8 comments:

  1. I love all the handprints, and what a sweet way to remember your angel at Christmas.

    I love your blog Melissa and wanted to give you a Butterfly Award because it's so wonderful and I wanted to share my appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious, did you ever find out if your pregnancy was a partial molar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karen!

    Innocent Observer- It wasn't, which still surprises me since I had all of the symptoms. It was a relief, but also it would have been nice to know why it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did not do any special holiday traditions this yr with our 2 1/2 yr old but after reading your blog, I have soooo many ideas that I'm looking forward to for next year. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa- It's Denise from EM...that is so sweet, the angel to watch over O! I have the same angel that I keep in my car to remind me of my cousin who died in a car accident when I was pregnant with Cooper actually, it is green and pink, her favorite colors! Such a sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,

    I love handprint stuff, too. It reminded me of an Oriental Trading catalog I recently saved with lots of handprint ideas. You can see the ideas by searching "handprint" on there site or maybe look here... http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/search/processRequest.do?Ntt=handprint&requestURI=searchMain&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0

    ReplyDelete