Chasing Cheerios

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Nutcracker Ballet

For O's 13th day advent activity, we went to see The Nutcracker Ballet! O was enthralled! It was a family event (Guh-guh, my niece, my sister, my BIL, O, and I), and we had a wonderful time. After the ballet, we were allowed to walk on the stage, explore the scenery, and meet the dancers. This was a wonderful experience that we plan to make a yearly tradition. We hope our cousins and their little girls will be able to join us next year!

O is walking through the door of a gingerbread cottage. Sorry for the poor image quality...I don't like the look of pictures with flashes, so my pics are often blurry :)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

The fake fire was very neat! O was impressed!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Guh-guh gave each girl this book as a souvenir of our theater experience :) This book is really great...it not only includes the story of the nutcracker, but it also has 2 fold out stages and paper dolls, so the girls can reinact the ballet :)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time.:) I'll be seeing the Nutcracker ballet in San Francisco next week with my niece. She's 5 and it will be fun to watch it with her. By the way, I love your blog. I have it listed as one of my favorites. I'm a former K5 teacher and love all the educational things you do with your daughter.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. realy nice pictures you share to us!

    happy blogging,

    Toddler Activity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't decide if Seth was old enough to handle the ballet yet. Now I wish I would have taken him.

    ReplyDelete