Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Making Peppermint Playdough & Chocolate Letters

We decided to make peppermint playdough and chocolate letters for Sunday night's advent activities. We had a great time making the playdough, and it turned out perfectly.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

We added glitter to make it festive :)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

To make the chocolate letters, O and I put chocolate chips in the silicone alphabet ice trays. We chose letters of our family members' names, and we planned to share the letters with them.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

This project did not work as planned, and it was actually a disaster! I put the trays in the oven to melt the chocolate chips, but they never melted. Then they started burning! Our whole house was filled with smoke, and we had to turn on the fans and open the doors (and it was cold!). Oh, well. I should have followed Amy's instructions and melted the chocolate before pouring it in the trays :)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

6 comments:

  1. Was the playdough edible? Can you post the recipe if it's different from standard play dough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not edible, but it smells good enough to eat. I'll link to the recipe in the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing with those trays. I've since discovered that they were ice trays and not meant for baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when people post craft disasters .. i have had my fair share!! what a shame.. because that is a good idea!! spell out your name in chocolate.. hmmmm yum... I hope you try it again the other way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I was wondering if chocolate chips would work....guess not! :)

    Merry Christmas! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i love when i find a blog that feels like home.

    eager to read more.

    happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete