Chasing Cheerios

Friday, July 18, 2008

Homemade Paper Doll Birthday Card for My Sweet O

I really wanted to make a homemade birthday card for O, and when I saw this I knew what I had to do :) I printed the doll on cardstock, cut her out, and painted her with watercolor paint. After I painted her, I laminated her. I traced around the doll to create an identical back, so the card could open. I taped them together using white labels.
I cut dresses out of scrapbook paper, and then I laminated the dresses. I put a small sticky magnetic square on the back of the doll and on the back of each dress. Then I put magnetic squares in the file folder, so O would have a place to keep her doll and all of the dresses.

She's going to love the dot file folder!
This was an easy, fun, and quick project, and I hope O likes it. I'd really like to make shoes for the doll, but all of the shoes that I made looked ridiculous. I may work on them again later if she asks for shoes (and I'm sure she will!).

11 comments:

  1. Perfect thoughtful gift to make with your daughter or for her.

    Laminating is a good idea. My heads spinning with all these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! I love the colors and patterns you used. Very fun and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea, I think I might just have to try it. I am not very crafty but I think I can pull this off. How old is your daughter? I am new to your blog and wondered if O likes it will my daughter like it as well.

    BTW, you are very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those not so crafy people in the world, like myself here is a link that has some clothing templates to print.

    http://familycrafts.about.com/od/paperdolls/tp/paperdolls.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! Tara- O turned 2 on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job and a fun make and take activity in one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the comment.. I was about to leave a message here to say thanks.. you saved our saturday morning.. daddy is off helping people move house and i needed to think of something to keep the kids busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, how CUUUTE! I remember paper dolls being my favorite when i was little, but never though to make some for my girls... until now! thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home made cards are very very simple and their loos are also very different as well with respect to the professional work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am new to your blog and wondered i like it so much thanks for sharing

    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete