Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Matching Cats Tray

The idea for this work came from the Montessori n Such catalog. I LOVE that catalog! When I was at my mom's house last weekend, I found this cat tray and tiny cats. I knew that I had to make a Montessori work out of them! 2 of the cats are sitting and 2 of the cats are standing, so I showed O how to match the sitting cats and match the standing cats.
She did a great job, and she loved it! I need to find a few more cats because 2 pairs is just not enough!

7 comments:

  1. You are brilliant! This activity is wonderful. I am going to order the Montessori n Such Catalog for my daughter and me. Melissa, do you have other Montessori cataloges that you would recommend? I think that you should write a book!! Moms everywhere would rush out to purchase a copy!
    I think that O is so sweet and smart. Thank you sooo much for sharing with us. We check in every day with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maddy! You are very sweet! I also enjoy looking at the Montessori Services catalog, but it doesn't compare to Montessori n Such :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! You could try a cat toob, though you might need to buy two packs cause I'm not sure if there are any pairs in them. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cat+toob&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=1099391261&ref=pd_sl_4577ajek4e_e

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa, I enjoy reading your blogger, I tried several activities and my daughter really like them. Thanks for sharing! I am new to Montessori, could you recommend some books for me to start with? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lili- I really like How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way by Tim Seldin. It was the 1st montessori book I read, and it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Melissa! I am heading to borders, can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete