Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More Color Mixing

Thanks to Jo at A Bit of This and That for this super fun activity!!! O loved it! I set out 5 glasses and put a few drops of food coloring in each one. I had O guess which color each would hold before she poured in the water. She did a great job pouring, but I did have to remind her to pour slowly and carefully and to support the measuring cup with her left hand. She did a good job guessing what the colors would be, except that she guessed that the blue would be white :)
She used her drum stick to make music briefly.
Then she was ready to mix! I couldn't find the dropper, so we tried a turkey baster which did not work well. Its a concept that she has not mastered yet. I quickly got out a bowl and let her pour the colored water into it. She LOVED doing this, and it made an icky greenish, brown color! Thanks again, Jo, for this wonderful activity!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad o enjoyed it, we will be doing it again, if he EVER finishes eating his lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to get started on akk the activities you share! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way thank you for emailing me with all my answers, They were great and I appreciate you taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea!!! we will have to do this one too!

    ReplyDelete