Chasing Cheerios

Friday, July 18, 2008

More on O's Play Kitchen

Several people have asked where we bought O's kitchen, so I thought it would be a good idea to post the answer instead of putting it in the comments section (just in case anyone else is wondering ) :) The kitchen is from Target, and the brand is Play Wonder. It seems to be fairly sturdy, and we hope it will last for several years at least. I don't think its a piece that will last until O has kids. My niece has a very sturdy one that will last for generations (see it here). The main selling point for us is that it is very compact (and our house is VERY small). I planned on building one, but Elliott was not in favor of that idea :) We are all very happy with this one. I've also gotten amazing deals on wooden food sets at Target. I just bought a lunchbox filled with a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, jelly, peanut butter, and milk for 3.74! Last year, at the end of the summer, I bought a smores & kebob set and a hamburger & hotdog set for 3.74 each. I love a good deal! I actually hesitated to buy them since they have lots of meat in them, and we don't eat red meat. However, I decided to call the meat in the kebab set teriyaki chicken since it's so dark. We call the hot dog a tofu dog, and we call the hamburger a mushroom burger. O was especially excited about the mushroom burger because she LOVES mushrooms, especially grilled portobello mushrooms :)

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny. We have a set of play food from Melissa&Doug. The burger is a funny color and we call it a veggie burger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! It could be a turkey dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same play kitchen and our daughter loves it.

    ReplyDelete