Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Painting the Glass Doors

O and I made paint for the sliding glass door a few days ago, and we finally found time to use it today! The idea and recipe for this activity came from this blog. To make the paint you need dishwashing soap, cornstarch, and food coloring. I poured about a tablespoon (maybe 2, I didn't measure it) of soap into each dish. Then O put a tablespoon of cornstarch in each bowl and mixed it around. She then added a few drops of food coloring to each bowl.

Mixing was fun!
Time to paint!

Here's our masterpiece! I painted the shapes at the top, and O made some abstract art on the bottom :) Then we had fun washing it off with a water hose. I think her finger paint would have worked just as well, but part of the fun was making the paint :)



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hope would love this.. She has a love for anything that is remotely like paint or messy:)~
    shellys.hut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I will be doing this activity with my girl soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete