Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Matching Dowels

The idea for this activity came from a preschoolers activity book that I checked out from the library months ago. I wrote a list of activities from it, but forgot to write down the title :( For this activity you need several dowels of different lengths and diameter. We cut these in 5 cm increments, so they are uniform.

O will match them according to length. As extension activities, she can arrange them in order according to their length or diameter. The dowels get progressively longer and skinnier. This was fun and super simple to make!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, This is a neat activity. I will put it on my list of things to do. Did you paint or color the ends of the dowels as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I painted them so that she would know to match a red with a blue.

    ReplyDelete