Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, August 3, 2008

An Impromptu Activity

While Ell and I put together O's adirondack chairs and table this morning (a birthday gift for O from my sister and niece), O had a great time taking the sockets out of the tool box. She lined them up according to size, but she got really frustrated when she tried to put them back into the box. I think this will make a great Montessori work when she is older. I'll take all of the tools out of the box, put them in a basket, and show her how to fit them into the correct places one by one. Fun!

2 comments:

  1. The boys love doing this kind of thing. They also love lining up their cars - trains by color and size. It is one of those games they figured out on their own! I've also seen them do it with all of our shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea.. my girls had so much fun using the saw for the unplug your kids activity...

    ReplyDelete