Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bubble Wrap Painting

This activity has been on my to do list for a LONG time (at least 3 months!), and I don't know why its taken so long to get to it! You need bubble wrap, paint, and paper. I taped the bubble wrap onto a table, and O painted it. She was a little tentative at first, and she asked for paper. I assured her that it was ok to paint the bubble wrap, so she jumped right in :)

She tried to make handprints and seemed a little dismayed when it didn't work. She looked at me sadly and said "not work!"
I put the paper on top of the bubble wrap, and she loved pressing it (especially since she was making handprints on the back of the paper!).
Tada! Her finished masterpiece!
I've seen this activity on many blogs and in several books and magazines, so I'm not going to link to one particular place. Just wanted to let you know that it wasn't my idea (even though you probably already knew that!).

6 comments:

  1. that is so fun! we did that for my oldest bday party invites once!
    love the pics my youngest hatesto fingerpaint go figure she doesn't mind me painting her hand but hates to fingerpaint!

    we have some down stairs that will be great for a Letter B activty or C for circles

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to do this activity! I usually make cards, tags, etc out of the prints. Might try to do this for grandparents day this weekend...thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great ideas! And thanks for answering my questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've done this a few times, and I'm always amazed at how beautifully it comes out. It's also fun to use corrugated paper (like the inside of cardboard) and vary the bubble sizes. what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fun...... I like the effect very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea and want to return to it making a rainbow sometime soon. I wanted to let you know that I appreciated this post so much that I did this project with my little girl: http://cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

    Thanks so much for the idea!
    Gianne

    ReplyDelete