Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Magic Folding Blocks

I saw this on Thingamambaby and since I had all of the materials, I decided to give it a try! The cube was surprisingly simple and fast to make. I think it took around 15 to 20 minutes, and most of that was spent trying to find the stickers. Elliott was very impressed, but I haven't shown it to O yet. I just hope she won't try to pull the blocks apart!
Here are the very detailed instructions that Thingamambaby linked to. Thanks to Thingamambaby for this great idea! I think this will make a fun, homemade Christmas gift!


Gracie loved it, too!

5 comments:

  1. where did you find the wooden cubes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool and i hve some from hobby lobby that i bought to make dice! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one; but also really liked the one you did with the illustrations! Thanks for some great Christmas ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I love it!

    Would love to find some wooden cubes as well.

    Thank you for all your great ideas. I visit your blog often for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of the comments! These blocks are smaller than the storybook puzzle blocks, and they came from Casey's Wood Products http://www.caseyswood.com/

    ReplyDelete