Chasing Cheerios

Monday, August 11, 2008

My Little Babywearer

O is practicing attachment parenting at a young age :) My mom shortened her sling, so it is easier for her to carry her babies in it. She loves wearing them in the "sing, ike O!" What a good little mama she is! She also nurses her babies frequently and loves to change their diapers (cloth, of course!). Next I've got to teach her to do EC with her dolls. I'm sure she'll LOVE that!
Edit to Add: I'm VERY sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to this post with more details about making the sling! The sling is about 11 inches wide and 21 inches long. It's reversible, so you need to cut 2 pieces of cloth with these dimensions. At each end cut the cloth with a curve instead of a straight line. You sew the 2 ends together (after sewing the 2 pieces back to back and turning them), and the curve forms the pocket for the baby. You can see the seam at the bottom of the picture. I know those are terrible directions, but I'm no sewer (although I'm trying to learn!).

6 comments:

  1. awww... so cute!! my 4 year old 'nurses' too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my boys often sling and nurse their babies too! how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you follow a pattern for this sling? If so, where did you find it? My niece is crazy for baby dolls and I would love to make one for her and her babies. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Melissa,

    O is such a good Mommy because she has learned from the best! I would also love to know if you have a pattern for the sling. I can't wait to see new ideas and cute pictures everyday!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!

    My daughter wraps a blanket around herself to carry her "babies."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a pattern, but I'll measure it tomorrow and write out the details of how we made it. It was super simple :)

    ReplyDelete